Sunday

Herb Alpert - This Guy's in Love with You - YouTube

Herb Alpert - This Guy's in Love with You - YouTube: ""




a little lady, as they say "the love of my life", "the one you never forget". . . she was always on the verge of leaving me, and eventually she did.

on one such ocassion, i'd actually seen it coming, i fully expected that she'd finally had enough and she surprised me. she stuck around and i didn't immediately see why, she was a gorgeous woman, and i wasn't half the loser that i'd eventually become, but i was well on my way, and the signs were evident . . . but she stayed, she stayed much to my perplexity . . .


 one day out of the blue, she tells me that she  loved me because of Herb Alpert and Burt Bacharach.

huh?

 she meant that this song, this song,  reminded her of me. . . .

so, thank you Burt & Herb . . .

she eventually did leave, when i no longer expected her to . . . life surprises us this way

. . . and my heart keeps breaking.






No comments: