Sunday

A teacher’s first day jitters…and dreams - United for Public Schools

A teacher’s first day jitters…and dreams - United for Public Schools:

 "My best hypothesis is that my empty classroom nightmare originates from a prevailing fear of being unprepared. Because I take pride in my work and aspire to be the best teacher possible for the students I will meet tomorrow, my instinct is to plan diligently for their success. The catch is that, in reality, there is very little I can do to prepare learning experiences for people I do not know. I feel like a novice teacher today because without knowing my students, my professional wisdom means nothing. I know how to plan a lesson, but I don’t know what these students will need to learn or which strategies will help them learn best. I know the basics of how to build a relationship, but I don’t know my students’ prior experiences with teachers. I know how to grade an essay, but I don’t know what my students will care to explore and express in their writing this year."

No comments: